Skip to main content

Beef & Butternut Squash Stew:




Easy is my love language when it comes to food. ⁣
Husband and house guest approved ☺️⁣
Grab this recipe & add/don’t add whatever veggies you want. ⁣
Beef + Butternut Squash Stew⁣
Yields 6 servings; 1 serving = 1 green, 1 red⁣
Ingredients:⁣
● 1 tsp olive oil⁣
● 1.5 lbs lean, boneless, stew meat - cut into 2 inch cubes⁣
● 1 medium onion, chopped⁣
● 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped⁣
● 1/2 red (or other colored) bell pepper, chopped⁣
● 4 cloves of garlic, crushed⁣
● 2 medium tomatoes, chopped⁣
● 1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth⁣
● 1 bay leaf⁣
● 1 tsp sea salt⁣
● 1 tsp ground black pepper⁣
● 2 cups butternut squash, cubed⁣
I added some kale ripped in pieces- you hardly notice it’s in there ⁣
Instructions:⁣
Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until beef is brown. Add onion and peppers; cook stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered for 40 minutes. Add squash & kale; cook stirring occasionally, for 8-12 minutes or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork tender. Remove bay leaf; serve.⁣

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little more about my story.... When did you realize you would overeat/eat unhealthy foods when you were overwhelmed? Food had been my go-to for comfort since I was very young. In an effort to stuff down feelings of overwhelm, food was what I turned to. It was a distraction from whatever I should be accomplishing. It was also a sign of giving up. I had always strived to eat healthy foods and when the cravings hit for whatever I had been telling myself not to eat, I overate it to punish myself. I would eat until I felt numb. I would continue until I couldn’t breathe. It would turn into a “last supper” because starting tomorrow, I would only eat healthy foods and no more sweets. Then I’d hit a bump in the road the next day that would send me right back to the tub of ice cream, then the cereal, then the bread, then anything I could find and exactly to the binge I had sworn not to have ever again. The cycle is destructive. Ironically, it would get worse whenever I was trying t
Hi! I’m new here! I am passionate about sharing my story and why it means so much to get to encourage others because my path to fit hasn't been easy 😊 I have the joy of walking alongside women in their health goals, and inspiring them to live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives. I had struggled for as long as I can remember doubting I'd ever find freedom and hope in my own health. What motivated you to take control of your own fitness & health? When I was newly postpartum, I was in a rut when it came to losing the baby weight. I had let myself down by not having that “healthy active pregnancy” I hoped I would. It spiraled into apathy and reckless eating. Once I was able to work on losing the extra pounds, I was in a negative head space. I was already mad at myself for throwing in the towel on any pursuit of a healthy pregnancy. I also had a long history of emotional eating and food had controlled me unless I was restricting it and te