Skip to main content






Hi! I’m new here! I am passionate about sharing my story and why it means so much to get to encourage others because my path to fit hasn't been easy😊


I have the joy of walking alongside women in their health goals, and inspiring them to live happy, healthy and fulfilling lives. I had struggled for as long as I can remember doubting I'd ever find freedom and hope in my own health.




What motivated you to take control of your own fitness & health?

When I was newly postpartum, I was in a rut when it came to losing the baby weight. I had let myself down by not having that “healthy active pregnancy” I hoped I would. It spiraled into apathy and reckless eating.

Once I was able to work on losing the extra pounds, I was in a negative head space. I was already mad at myself for throwing in the towel on any pursuit of a healthy pregnancy. I also had a long history of emotional eating and food had controlled me unless I was restricting it and teetering between anorexia and bulimia. The road had been dark.

With a newborn to care for, I needed to take care of my own health so I could be a present mother. I needed to treat my body with enough nourishment to nurse my little guy and if I was going to lose weight, it had to be the healthy way.

What steps did you take to get healthy?
I feel like I tried everything. Month after month, I was getting overwhelmed by the idea of staying consistent and disciplined in my health. I would start up a routine and one or two weeks in when it got tough and the nursing hunger took over, I found myself binge eating to stuff down the emotions – the frustration and the guilt. The guilt of needing to buy new clothes when I had a closet full that just didn’t fit anymore, and the guilt of even spending time worrying about my own body when I get the gift of caring for this sweet baby. I was proving to myself over and over that I couldn’t find balance and I lacked self-discipline. I sat and cried in my closet each time an occasion popped up and I had something to wear, only it still didn’t fit.

I had joined an online boot camp with high hopes. I was all about it until about day 4. My mindset was stuck, negative and set on how I would fail once again. And I did. Funny how that works. 


Through that I did find a coach and a community full of women that began to change the way I thought about food, loving my body, enjoying the process, giving myself grace and I started to believe in myself just enough to take my own leap of faith into becoming a health & fitness coach. I knew that if I couldn’t stick to my health goals for myself, I needed the accountability of a bigger purpose & showing up for others to keep me committed. I needed to focus on helping and encouraging others. I needed to serve other people in order to stay out of the spiral of depression and isolation I was heading down with my pattern of quitting on myself. 

When I took on the coach role, I committed to an at-home workout program for the first time (the ones I thought didn’t work). Turns out I wasn’t actually putting in the work each time I fizzled out and quit on myself in the past. That’s when I started focusing in on planning out healthy meals. I had all the resources and the women around me following it to help me see that it could be done. Just a couple weeks into my health journey as a coach, I was losing pounds and feeling better than I ever had pre-pregnancy!

I was helping other women start their journey to a healthier version of themselves and I wanted them to believe they could. In daily pouring out encouragement, support and belief to them, it changed how I spoke to myself and how I saw myself too. Mindset it everything.

If you want to feel positive, spread positivity. If you want to feel confident, notice and uplift someone around you. If you want to feel less overwhelmed, spread the message of giving yourself grace. If you want to stop quitting on yourself, encourage others to stay the course with you.

I finally had a community to plug into where I could be real, vulnerable and honest about when I had a bad eating episode. The overwhelm that getting off track used to cause no longer had the same power over me. I had a sisterhood of women on the same journey to encourage me and remind me to give myself grace and keep going instead of quitting.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little more about my story.... When did you realize you would overeat/eat unhealthy foods when you were overwhelmed? Food had been my go-to for comfort since I was very young. In an effort to stuff down feelings of overwhelm, food was what I turned to. It was a distraction from whatever I should be accomplishing. It was also a sign of giving up. I had always strived to eat healthy foods and when the cravings hit for whatever I had been telling myself not to eat, I overate it to punish myself. I would eat until I felt numb. I would continue until I couldn’t breathe. It would turn into a “last supper” because starting tomorrow, I would only eat healthy foods and no more sweets. Then I’d hit a bump in the road the next day that would send me right back to the tub of ice cream, then the cereal, then the bread, then anything I could find and exactly to the binge I had sworn not to have ever again. The cycle is destructive. Ironically, it would get worse whenever I was trying t
Cheesy + Meaty Cauliflower Nachos - Hubby Approved Version! The flavor is poppin' Prep Time 20 mins  Cook Time 33 mins  Total Time 43 mins  Servings 4 servings  original Author Beachbody... I added 1 pound browned ground beef with some taco seasoning and cooked the veggies in the last 3-5 min Ingredients 1 pound lean ground beef 1 Tb taco seasoning 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets 2 tsp. olive oil ½ tsp. ground cumin ¼ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt ¼ tsp. chili powder ¼ tsp. garlic powder 1 cup shredded Monterey jack or pepperjack cheese 1 pint chopped cherry tomatos 1/2 chopped red onion 1 chopped orange bell pepper 1 medium jalapeño seeds and veins removed (optional), sliced (can add a second if desired) ½ cup mashed avocado 4 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro Instructions Preheat oven to 425º F. Place cauliflower on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder; toss gen